Monday 2 August 2010

Meandering thoughts...

I had an interesting thought cross my mind. So, I went to look up the definitions of a couple of words.

Transvestite : a person, typically a man, who derives pleasure from dressing in clothes appropriate to the opposite sex

Cross-dress: wear clothing typical of the opposite sex.

My wardrobe is full of men's t-shirts, men's formal shirts, men's jeans, even men's socks! I enjoy wearing men's clothing because I prefer the style and the fit, so much more comfortable than women's clothes. I often buy men's shoes because I don't want something with pink or white on it. Recently I acquired men's socks because I wanted nice, bright colours, something that's not in fashion for women's socks at the moment. I wear men's jeans because I like the fit, women's are too tight around the leg for me and often the material is thinner and often doesn't last as long. I'm also not the most feminine of people, I've always been something of a tomboy which means I tend to dislike clothing with frills and feminine curves. Just about the only feminine thing I wear is my underwear, it's hard to get masculine bras. *Grin* . So apparently I fit both of these words.

I both dress and act in ways appropriate to the opposite sex.

It seems I've been a Transvestite for years! ;-p

No comments:

Post a Comment